Did you know that 99.6% of women have skin sensitivity? Veeda makes products for some of your most sensitive areas, so we’d love to share our favorite tips for keeping your skin happy and healthy.
- Always Check the Label: It’s not easy when manufacturers don’t list their ingredients, but checking the label is critical to avoiding skin irritants and toxins. Look for shorter lists of ingredients, skip dyes and fragrances, and opt for natural alternatives when you can. Veeda is a member of the No Secrets coalition, so you know that when you read our labels, what you see is what you get.
- Try Before You Buy: Sometimes you don’t know what you’ll react to until you try it, so it’s important to always test new products before using regularly. For instance, when trying cosmetics you can put a dab behind your ear and look for signs of irritation like rashes, redness or bumps. Sample sizes are also a great way to try before you buy. Want to send a free sample of Veeda to a friend? Just contact us at Sample@VeedaUSA.com with a name, address and type of tampon and we’ll send some over.
- Less is More: Just as having fewer ingredients on the label means fewer opportunities for skin flare-ups, using less is also a good way to minimize skin irritation. Don’t over-apply and try to limit the number of different products you’re using.
- Don’t Over-Cleanse: Another way to keep your skin happy is to scrub it less. Keeping clean is important, but every time you soap up, you’re stripping off natural oils that protect your skin. Make sure that when you wash, you’re choosing a gentle cleanser and aren’t rubbing too hard. Then use a moisturizer when you’re done.
- Change Your Diet: Think of it as moisturizer for the inside. Changing the foods you eat plus proper hydration can help keep your skin flexible, smooth and beautiful. Look for foods that contain essential fatty acids, such as walnuts, olive oil, salmon and flaxseed.
- Wear Breathable Clothes: Confining, synthetic fabrics can cause rashes and “hot spots.” Instead, opt for looser clothes made of natural fibers like cotton.
- Wear Sunscreen: It’s good advice for anyone, and maybe one of the best ways to protect your skin from everyday damage.
When it comes to sensitive skin, ask yourself this question: You can buy hypoallergenic makeup and lotion, why shouldn't you have that choice for your tampons? Thanks for supporting Veeda so every woman can have the option of 100% natural, hypoallergenic feminine care.